This Code of Conduct applies all members and representatives of the Marine Aquarium Society of Sydney Inc. (MASS).
By Joining MASS, each member agrees to observe the following:
1. You will at all times uphold the MASS Mission and the stated Aims and Goals of MASS.
2. As a MASS member, you commit to conduct yourself in a manner which a reasonable person would consider appropriate in all forums where you may be known as a MASS member.
This includes, but is not limited to;
- not engaging in activities or behaviour that would bring MASS into disrepute
- using appropriate language. This doesn't just mean avoidance of expletives. It means that wherever possible, positive and encouraging language should be used. If that is not possible, the least that is acceptable is neutral language. Negative language such as being overtly quarrelsome, sarcastic, condescending or belligerent is not appropriate.
- limiting public statement regarding individuals or commercial operations to fact and not opinion. This applies especially where the statement may be interpreted as being on behalf of MASS.
3. Through your membership of MASS, you agree that you will not use MASS services (MASS website, Forums, Private Messages or MASS sections on RTAW) to post any material which is knowingly false and / or defamatory, derogatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
4. Members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by MASS, or permission for use has been obtained.
5. In dealings with and between aquarium-related businesses, you agree to abide by the principles outlined in the MASS Commercial Policy.
Whilst MASS is not responsible for the content of any messages transmitted either by post or direct message on the MASS website, we reserve the right to remove any message without notice and for any reason.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your message(s), and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless MASS, the administrators and moderators of this website and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
Anyone found to be contravening the letter or the spirit of this Code, or engaging in behaviour that is inconsistent with our view of acceptable community standards, may at the discretion of the MASS Committee, be given a private and / or public warning and or, depending on the severity of the offence, have their membership terminated under the displinary measures outlined in the MASS Constitution.
MASS Committee 2012